Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Finally making it to the land

September 10th, 2010

Yesterday we finally were able to make to the land where Life University will be.

And today, we went back to the land to point out to some fence makers where the fence needed to be around acre number 1 of the site.

So we wandered around a bit, and unfortunately I accidentally deleted all of my pictures off of my camera from today :(

One of today's highlights:
I saw the biggest beetle I've ever seen today. Since I lost all of my pictures, I improvised so you could see it anyway!

Photobucket

My apologies for my lack of ability with Paint, but this beetle is to scale!


While we were walking around the property figuring out exactly where the fence needed to go I found myself losing focus a bit as the sun was very heavy and the atmosphere sticky and humid. So it was almost perfect timing when all of a sudden a goat kid came running at me from no where!!

I started laughing because it was just so random, and as soon as it came up to me.. I reached out my hand.. and it totally blew me off.

Then a couple seconds later, the goat herder came angrily towards where I was standing, and was making the weirdest noises I have ever heard come out of a person!! Haha at first I thought he was grunting obnoxious sounds at me, since he was looking right at me, and then he wacked the goat with the stick and carried on. He was wearing a button up shirt, a sheet wrapped around his waste in the form of a skirt/shorts, and something that looked like a canvas/straw cape/hood over his head.


After about another hour of walking around, the goats kept sneaking away one by one from the herder to follow us, and the herder kept getting really angry.

I was just fully entertained by the whole situation.

I started filming (again which I accidentally deleted ) one of the little goats that kept running at me, and as soon as I turned on my camera the kid started hopping around, as if it were performing just for the camera.

I was super excited to post that.. but hopefully your imagination will suffice!

No comments:

Post a Comment