Thursday, October 25, 2012

My Opinion on the Elections and the 'Economy'

I was browsing facebook when I noticed a conversation between a few friends from back in my town.   One was mentioning how unfair it is that gay's and lesbians don't have equal rights and how it's difficult for her to watch them being treated so differently.  She attached a note written by someone about Romney's views to continue to withhold gay rights.

Another friend started commenting that even though it is true that the gay and lesbian communities should have equal rights, overall she felt that Romney's policies were better for the economy.  Economy was her number one concern.

I couldn't help but posting on this one, because to me, I can't see Romney's policies helping the economy at all.  Maybe in the short term he might boost jobs here and there, but in the long term, I only see destruction.

He supports oil and gas all the way, atleast Obama has been taking more of a middle ground when it comes to oil and gas, and has also been supporting alternative energy on a much larger scale.  Honestly if I had it my way, I would vote for some vegan permaculturist (please don't take me too seriously :) ). But as the choices are currently, I will happily support Obama over Romney any day.

Here was my little blurb posted on Facebook:

I voted obama and I am happy I did, even if my count goes unheard in the state of Utah, I believe the economy is going down the tube  because we are only focusing on the economy, while ignoring everything else. We are ignoring the main reasons for our health crisis's, ignoring pollution, ignoring our inclination for a quick recovery while not looking at all of the facts. America drives a lot of the prices abroad, and most of those prices are unfair. Politicians have little to do with our economy. We actually bring it on ourselves. If we look around we are surrounded with resources. For some reason we've only been looking at pristine environments and precious rocks as resources. But can we look at how much waste we are generating? In india, their economy is booming, why? Because the people here are absolutely ingenious. I see people making a living off of collecting trash and making beautiful lamps out of them. Right now supporting the 'economy' means tearing down our natural beautiful areas in the world, our forests, our jungles our mountains, for oil and other resources in order to' lower costs' and drive people to buy more. But how long can we live like this? It's not realistic for us to continue at this pace. Especially the way we devalue workers in other countries every day just so we can live like this? What really matters in life.. a roof over our heads? Healthy food to eat? Who's responsibility is that? Our forests and our oceans keep us alive, we breathe their clean air they provide us with. Their is no arguing that once they are gone so are we. The economy is only an illusion.

2 comments: