Thursday, April 11, 2013

Living in the Heart!

The past couple of weeks have kinda been up and down.  I haven't been as motivated as usual and yesterday.. the whole day seemed to kinda lag and for some reason just wasn't feeling that up.. I guess you could say?

Something happened on my way home, that completely shifted my perspective in a second.

My neighbor has a pretty amazing treehouse with 3 levels.  I noticed that they had put up a pirate flag at the top of the tree!  It was such a funny moment and suddenly I snapped back to the amazing sense of the imagination of a child and the amazing blessings we have to witness these small things in life that bring a smile to our worlds.

It's a little hard to see in the picture, but it made my day!



Today I decided to start my day off a little different than usual.  It's pretty bad, lately I've been somewhat addicted to facebook and posting pictures, haha go figure.

So I decided to start my day off with a journal I had written a couple of years ago.  It was at the time that I had just gotten back from India, and my world was a little wonky.  I just gotten engaged and I was trekking on into unknown territories, it was my first year out of college and it was different.  My world was starting a whole new chapter!  I had to learn how to rebuild my happiness from the ground up.  Going from such an exciting eventful time of my life - India, to back to Utah in the winter - dark, cold, no job, no school, fiance on the other side of the world.  And of course I happened to be plagued with illnesses which kept coming and going.  This was before I learned of the miracles of a 100% plant based diet, at that time I was eating vegetarian but moderate amounts of icecream and what not :)

Anyway, I started what I call now, the "Love Book",  It was kind of like a journal of advice to myself - when I was feeling inspired - I would write them down, so in a sense it would be giving words of wisdom to myself  to a time in the future when I might need some.

I read that whole thing this morning, took about an hour.  But it really completely shifted my perspective!  Amazing, and I had an amazing day! Apart from a parking ticket.. but hey, I don't mind, everyone needs a parking ticket now and again.  Right??

Here, I will share a little bit from the book.. well let me back track a little bit... there were a few entrees made in Denmark, right after I came from India and on my way to Utah.  I'll start there, because I like what I wrote....

"Right now I am admiring the beautiful horizontal colors of the a danish winter sunset. Gently fading from orange, red, purple, peach, green, light blue to a deep blue.  I do love the mountains, but its only been recently that I've started enjoying the qualities of the plains, without obsessing over what they are lacking.  Nothings lacking anything, only perception is capable of lacking, and that is easily adjusted."

Next entree:

"It's too easy to be frustrated
It's too easy to be worried
It's too easy to feel bad
It's too easy to feel loss
But what thought are we paying too much attention to?  A slight or possible outcome of our future?  What if we were to be told by God, that this is actually the best thing that could have happened.
Perhaps we are...
1. Learning the most important lesson of our life.
2. Saving ourselves a lot of money in the long run.
3. Perhaps if this event didn't take place, something worse was around the corner
4. Because this event took place, something extra-ordinary could take place instead - is coming.

Does this event actually belong to us or does our ego cling to it, as it has nothing else to cling to let it go.  It doesn't actually belong to us, it's not actually bad, it's rather cute, or funny.. or ____?"

The book goes on.  But I guess it comes down to the point - atleast for myself - where I am constantly re-evaluating situations, figuring out the best possible outcome, the best possible course of action and when something goes not according to the plans.. sometimes I have the tendency to blame myself or get confused about what I am "meant" to be doing, and whether I am following my highest values, true purpose... in alignment with the world and etc etc

But I find this thinking to be rather stressful at times.  It was great to read this entree, and think, hey, I have made the best possible decisions that I could have, up until this point.  I can choose to say that this is the best possible outcome for me at this moment.  That I am learning the best lessons at this moment and I am fulfilling my highest visions on whatever I path I choose, it doesn't matter because I can't mess this one up, no matter how hard I try or how lazy I may blame myself for being.

So I started the day off on a good note :)

And some amazing things happened.

I learned today that indeed I was accepted to grad school!  The one thing the school lacked was funds actually to officially accept me.  I spoke to the professor I have been working with and she was saying that their are two slots open for next year.. well actually three  one soil microbiology, one integrated pest management and one dealing with peach orchards with her next year.  They would start next summer or next spring.  Which actually is great news for me, as I would love the chance to go to India this fall!  She even said that if I start next year with her, I could kind of develop my own research project and I could spend some time in India every year doing research - there are sooo many amazing places in India which would be awesome to link up to the degree I'm pursuing, it's just a matter of reaching out and figuring out the details of how to make it work and what it would require.

But she said no matter what, she will have work for me prior to when I get officially enrolled, I can work in the lab testing soils and I have also gotten that internship for certifying their Capitol Reef Peach Orchard as organic! Which I am definitely intrigued about, I know it's a lot of paper work but I would like to learn.

On top of that I received an unexpected phone call.  I had been feeling a little disappointed at how things didn't really work out at the yoga studio, since food in every aspect of the word is my Sincerest and dearest passion.  How it's grown, How it's used, How it's prepared, How it works inside of our bodies, How we dispose of it - and linking sustainability back to all of these questions.  Organic, plant based, raw, composting, health, healing.. etc. etc.  I love that the more holistic our approach to life becomes, the easier things fall in to place, the more beauty we have in the world and the healthier and more vibrant our bodies become!! It's magical and I love it!  I am definitely not your typical scientist, and I know that most of the things I post on facebook make my friends who are amazing analytically minded individuals cringe... but i can't be any other way :)

Anyway.. talk about tangents!! lol  Okay back to the point, I got an unexpected phone call from one of our most loyal customers at the yoga studio.

He had been on vacation, so actually he had no idea that I was no longer working there.  He was definitely amazed, but wanted to meet up for some general questions I guess about nutrition.  I don't really know much, but I do know that the owner of the studio had been mentioning that he was the one who was really interested in developing plans for some corporate health programs.. etc.  So I have a meeting with him tomorrow afternoon, apparently in his business, he is looking to hire someone to make morning smoothies and juices maybe healthy breakfasts.  As it is, I'm not working so much at USU, I definitely have time as of now to do add something in.

Anyway, all in all it was a good day.  It's interesting how the world can open up to you if you just allow it.

Do something that inspires you today, you won't regret it!

:)
Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment