Monday, August 19, 2013

Change of plans...

My husband and I had tickets back to India, which we were forced to fore-go.  I received my visa, however he failed to receive his.  He is an overseas citizen, however since he has recently gone through a name change, it's been a little complicated lately.

So we've decided to stick it on for 3 more months in Utah.  Well for me, I think I'll be here for the next 2-3 years, honestly.  I just got admitted to USU.  I'll be starting in January on a master's in soil science.  I'm very excited, I feel like I have already learned so much from working in the department at USU for almost a year.. a few more months :)

And yes, I also had to forego my trip to Portugal, I was studying diligently every day Portuguese and was prepared to stay at a an eco-community and take a eco-restoration class.

It wasn't easy in the slightest to give up that trip, but after a thorough review of my options, it's not looking like I had much of any kind of option, apart from being here.  And if I felt like spending lots more money.. then it's possible to re-book tickets or whatever that comes with.

So lately I've been contemplating the idea of writing a book.

For the first time ever, someone mentioned that if I were to write a cookbook, they'd be the first to buy it.  This was a friend of my mom's.  It really got me thinking seriously about the possibility.  This morning I wrote an outline.

Of course it would start out with some kind of discretion, making sure people know that I am no doctor but I do feel like I've stumbled across a few tidbits of useful health information over the years.

My outline looked something like:
My Story
My Grandmother's story
Philosophy -- treatment of animals, ecology, organic food, comparison to the paleo-diet, raw vegan, healthiest way to fill your stomach, juicing, treating illness-- how to approach a loved one
Organic food-- what, why and how :)
Equipment and pantry

Of course after looking at this list, I started thinking it may have to be more than one book! I could title it.. more than you'd ever want to know about veganhood.  Or something lol.

To the food! or drinks..

Vegetable juices, elixirs, smoothies, sundaes

Amazing bfasts
including, hashbrowns, scrambles, pancakes -- pumpkin, blueberry, walnut...
Could also include:
Breakfast menus for the bravehearted.. or breakfast vitality menus
-- veg smoothies, steamed veggies, green smoothies, juices, salads.. combinations for a high energy day.

Raw lunches
-- including sandwiches, salads.. etc.

Hearty meals

Sauces and spreads

Desserts
and
Beyond Healthy Desserts

I haven't actually seen anything like this before.. and I'm probably as cookbook obsessed as they get.  As I started putting the outline together.. I noticed that would definitely be half raw vegan/ half fun vegan-- including cooked recipes.

Both a balance of very tasteful, fun fanciful dishes as well as low salt, low sugar, whole grains, raw.. etc etc recipes to balance it out.

It's what makes life fun, eh?

 We will see how this idea moves along.  Maybe I can have like an itty bitty goal of working on it, something like 10 minutes a day.

I have 1 customer, lol. How can I let them down? But it may also be useful to put something like this together, just because, when I gift other vegan friend cookbooks, I always feel like... buying them atleast 5 cookbooks.. because it is difficult to find a cookbook that literally just has everything in it.

Plus, I think it's nice to be able to share the seriously miraculous things that have made all the difference in my life, and my grandmother's.  My husband and I, often get asked, the procedures, and at this point, I've written these stories out on so many separate occasions, it may be worth it to consolidate it all.

Anyway.  It's all ideas, I'm just talking to the air.  the web.. same difference :)



No comments:

Post a Comment