Tuesday, September 10, 2013

statistics, why are you important?

So I did get into 2 classes this semester, statistics and organic chemistry.

Statistics seems so simple.  Really. The questions seem straightforward, it seems like it should be workable, but I sit down with them, and all I have is a series of mushy numbers.   And it's possible that I'm being hard on myself, and I am understanding a fair amount. But overall.  It's hard for me to connect these computations with my bigger visions for myself and whatever goals that involves.  I guess that is what being a soil scientist is... ??? computing numbers?

Of course there will be good days and there will be not so good days.  This just so happens to fall on a not so good day.

I basically just want my brain to understand this stuff.

On a side note.

I mentioned in a previous blog about peaches, which by the way I still have two boxes in my fridge!  I mentioned making peach pickle-- a spin off of indian mango pickle.  And me and my husband have decided that it is the best pickle that we have ever eaten.

The peaches absorb the flavor soooo nicely and unlike mango pickle they are so soft and you never have to worry about getting something hard or weird to chew in your mouth.

It's a shame I didn't make more, but I was totally unsure how they would turn out.

Happy Fall.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment