Sunday, February 2, 2014

Super Bowl Sunday

I don't really know the last time that I attempted to watch the superbowl.  My best guess is that it could have been 4 years ago?  Maybe more?

Back then, I didn't really give 2 thoughts about it.  I never actually watched it, it was just an excuse to get together with friends and eat lots of food.

Today, my family was getting together for the superbowl.  I mean, it's American culture... It's how it goes.

But watching the superbowl, was like the most painful thing I have done in years.  I don't really watch TV as it is, and put me in front of a sports game... Yeah, I don't think so.

All I could think about, is how unhealthy all of the team players looked.  Seriously obese, disgusting and waddling around the field.  I do not have any issues with people with extra weight, but you know that these football players eat to gain weight.  You know that they are gorging themselves to get bigger. And for what reason?  To 'dominate' the other team or the other players.

It's atrocious.

Not to mention how terrible the commercials were.  'Look at my big cool truck', 'Drink an awesome ice cold beer'.  It seriously makes me think, and it makes me sick to think that what, over 4 million people watch the superbowl????

Sorry, it just blows my mind at how mainstream culture is entertained.

Could we be more shallow?

I also learned that sex traffickers capitalize on the large numbers at the superbowl.  Okay so there are several articles on the topic.. and none of them really make any sense.  Many of them claim that it's a myth, yet they go on talking about the increased numbers of men taking advantage of prostitutes and etc etc other types of 'males' expressing their 'dominance'.  Of course they would, what else is football???? It's all about being the 'strongest', being the 'best', being a 'celebrity', being 'rich', owning lots of 'stuff' that you don't need... etc etc.  It's like the epitome of the worse America has to offer.  Here is an example of a terribly confusing article on sex trafficking and the super bowl.  http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/01/opinion/the-super-bowl-of-sex-trafficking.html?hp&rref=opinion&_r=0

Can our culture.. become a little more... decent?????  Wouldn't it be cool to have a dominant culture that cared about ALL PEOPLE and cared about REAL ISSUES in the world, and cared about having GOOD CLEAN FUN, LOVED NATURE, and cared about treating all living beings with RESPECT? That would be awesome.

That's all folks.

Sometimes a girls gotta rant.


No comments:

Post a Comment