Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Cache Valley Vegans

Hello,

The other day my friend mentioned that USU had a vegan group.  I was interested to see if I could find  more information online but it turned out that all of the information was outdated and the group
was no longer.  I only know a few other vegans in town, but I am aware that there are more than that!  So in attempts to connect vegans in my town I decided to make a facebook page.  It's pretty amazing because it got 45 likes in 2 days!  I couldn't really believe it, it seems like there are more vegans out there, and since facebook and twitter doesn't do the best job of linking it google search, I decided that a blog may be the best way to go.


To access the Cache Valley Vegan facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/cachevalleyvegans?ref=hl

To access the twitter page:
https://twitter.com/LoganVegans

So there it is for all of the USU vegans, Logan vegans, Cache Valley vegans, or those who just may be interested in learning more about it, and meeting with others, these sites are for you!

Our first potluck will be May 31st, 12:30pm at Lundstrom Park

A foraging hiking trip will be May 17th, 9am and will be meeting at First Dam to go up the canyon together with a local foraging expert! 

So far it looks like some things that members will be doing:

--meeting with store/restaurant managers in obtaining more vegan options
--hikes to learn about local edible plants
--local vegan cooking classes
--potlucks
--play dates among families with kids -- connecting families with other
   vegans, and addressing social elements of food choices-- (if anyone is interested in this please email me and I can get you connected to other families)
--perhaps other types of events -- whatever we feel like :)
   maybe movie nights or lake trips... or maybe trips to slc
 



No comments:

Post a Comment